Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm in a crisis! I need help, come on mood shift - shift back to good again!

It's amazing what nine hours of decent sleep, a sunny day, and a free veggie burrito from Panchero can do for a person's mood. I'm being realistic and realizing this feeling isn't going to last forever (hell, it might be gone tomorrow), but I'm going to enjoy the fuck out of it while it's here. I was tempted to buy into karma today, except I hadn't done anything to deserve a good day apart from being emotionally retarded and suffering because of it for a couple weeks. That hardly seems like it deserves a reward.

Out of breath and out of cash
Find yourself watching M.A.S.H.
Every night on the couch
Woman says, "Let's take a drive down south
Roll down the windows and open our mouths
Taste where we are and play the music loud
Stop the car, lay on the grass
The planets spin and we watch space pass
Walk a direction, see where we get
I never knew nothing so there's nothing to forget
Get real drunk and ride our bikes
There's so much beauty it could make you cry

I might have figured out a small part of the reason I wanted to believe in God the other night. Of course part of me wanted to call out to him for help, but I think part of me also wanted someone to direct my anger and frustration at. I didn't necessarily want to blame him, per se (though that may have come later), but I wanted to be able to think that someone had something to do with it in some way, instead of the universe randomly bestowing a bad weekend on me.

Don't worry about a thing
Because every little thing gonna be all right

Does anyone actually read any of the lyrics?

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Fuck bad weekends. Don't let the universe get you down.

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read 'em!

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home