Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'll dig a hole in my room, from Birmingham and back again for you

I woke up a few days ago to find a message on my Facebook wall from... well, see for yourself. You'll find it after these lyrics.

Now the rainman gave me two cures,
Then he said, "Jump right in."
The one was Texas medicine,
The other was just railroad gin.
An' like a fool I mixed them
An' it strangled up my mind,
An' now people just get uglier
An' I have no sense of time.
Oh, Mama, can this really be the end,
To be stuck inside of Mobile
With the Memphis blues again.
~"Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again" by Bob Dylan


Dear Past Self,

This is yourself writing... FROM THE FUTURE! How can you be sure it's you (or... me?) from the future? SKRIB NEEWOH! Trust me, that will make sense when the time comes, and then you will know it's me. Anyway, I am writing with a message of utmost importance! Whatever you do, don't eat that cream cheese and flahargafish bagel for breakfast on June 25, 2012. It will save you from a few hours of the worst stomach discomfort you will ever feel, during which you won't be able to go out and buy your usual lottery ticket (you have developed a compulsive gambling habit at this point, even though you currently hate gambling) - the lottery ticket with the numbers you always use - three numbers of which will line up with the chosen numbers, winning you $100! So whatever you do, do not eat that bagel!

Anyway, take care.

With love,
Future you



Eternity is pressed against my eyelids
By brittle fists that I cannot avoid
And though each finger's grip has been relentless
The moments, they just keep on slipping by

And I am now aware that I
Haven't always had been at this moment
I've been sitting by the fire and blue, waiting for you
And though I've been expecting,
I have never quite accepted
That the fire will suddenly go out

The hands will fall away
The paint will peel
The trees will sadly sway
'Cause I'm scared that there's no answer
'cause I'm scared theres no dreamers
And in this life of mine, there is only time,
The illusion of which is gone
~
"On the Threshold of Eternity" by The Snake The Cross The Crown

1 Comments:

Blogger Jed Harrison said...

hahahaha, that's hilarious!

lemme know if it comes true.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home