Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Make a Damn Fine Sandwich - or - The Best Meal I Ever Ate

I have the house to myself for the week, and I had nothing to do tonight, so I decided to finally take Maddox's suggestion and make a damn fine sandwich. While I was at the store spending most of the money my parents left me on sandwich ingredients, I had the amazing idea to take photos as I made the sandwich, and then write a blog about it. So I did. (continued after the sidebar won't cover up the images anymore, since I'm too lazy to code everything properly)



































































Here are all the ingredients that went into making my sandwich and the soup that went with it. I bought most of them tonight, and I think it cost me like $25. So worth it.


The first slice of bread. A good way to start any sandwich, really.


Hard salami is tasty and full of fat. Doing good so far.


Muenster is easily the best sandwich cheese ever, even better than provolone. I ate the rind piece on its own, to fully enjoy it. I don't know what that orange stuff is, but it wins.


Between this and the soup, I think I used almost that whole bottle of Tabasco. Unfortunately, I should've used a bottle on each. Oh well.


Definitely should've used a whole heart, but oh well. Tasting the rest of the sandwich was good too.


I'm not really a fan of onions, but of course Maddox was right. They were great on this sandwich.


I forgot to put on the tomatoes first, so I took the onions off and put the tomatoes on, then put the onions back on, because I am a thinker.


I thought we had green olives at home, so I didn't buy any. Turns out we didn't. Black alone worked well enough, though.


Mmm... quality sandwich pickles, with extra garlic.


Like I was going to fry my own bacon. Tastes just as good out of the microwave as it does off the stove. I love bacon.


Turns out I could've used more than a teaspoon of vinegar, but better to be on the safe side.


All we had was light mayo. Meh.


The finished product. Should've been bigger. There's always next time.


That was a huge bowl of soup. And it won, even though it needed more Tabasco and lemon. Corn + clam chowder wins very hard, though.


The whole meal. Sandwich, soup, cheddar Pringles, and a can of Jones Berry Lemonade soda. Amazing.


I only had to compress it a little, which definitely means it wasn't big enough. There's always next time.


All gone.


Right after taking that last photo, I fell into a food coma.

All in all, it was the best meal I ever ate.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog did nothing but tease the fat kid, I need to go make a sandwich right now even though its like 9am. Quality post Benny Boy, quality!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Very nice.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home