Monday, May 29, 2006

Late night randomness

I needs some help! I realized earlier tonight that I have an irrational fear of haunted house rides at sleazy carnivals, but I can't find a word for that phobia! There's nothing even close to it. So, if you can find a word for it or something like it (Coulrophobia isn't close enough), I will give you something shiny.

Slow down this is slippin' through my mind,
this conversation has run out of time.
Honey I know you know what I mean,
and that's the one thing that you soon will find.

"F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X." by The Fall of Troy

On a completely random note, I guess there are songs/videos from Showbread, Staple, and Pillar in the new Lindsay Lohan movie, "Just My Luck". Or at least, there is a few seconds of Showbread's video for "Mouth Like A Magazine" in it, because it says so on Showbread's website. I read on Pillar's myspace or something that Pillar and Staple are in it somewhere too. Too bad Lindsay Lohan is still anorexic, because those bands might be almost enough to get me to rent the movie when it comes out to watch it with the director's commentary to see why they chose to use those bands in a lame romantic comedy for twelve year old girls. As it stands, however, I can't even look at Lindsay Lohan anymore without being horribly disappointed at how unattractive she is now.

And I don't understand why I sleep all day,
and I start to complain when there is no rain

I don't believe in miracles but I believe in you
Now I can't wait 'til I can sleep in late
Maybe I'll miss you then
With no garden to tend

I am your gardener!?! Oh no (what have I done)

"China White" by He Is Legend

On a closing note, my new job at Canterbury is pretty crappy. Tips and free Dr. Pepper are about the only good parts. I need another job really soon. Hopefully the Electric Fetus is hiring, because at the moment working there is my dream job. DiscLand or Know Name Records wouldn't be bad either. I'd even work at CD Warehouse... I just want to work in a friggin' record shop. That would make my life. Well, that, and being jumped by Christopher and Jenessa while fighting off zombies with a shotgun as Jeff Mangum plays "Two-Headed Boy" right next to me.

I am not a prophet or a teacher
I am a failure of God
Standing in a circle of my brothers
Their fangs out
Every thing I had I gave to you
Every time I tried I would lose
It's hard not to shake with a gun in your mouth
Every time I try I hear my mother's voice
And see my mother's eyes
But when hers close I'm scared so will mine
You are no brothers
Filing out the church of Cain
Like a thousand foot pious snake
Hiding its sins deep in its stomach
Digesting them one at a time
And your voice is a sounding trumpet
Announcing the mountains that you've moved
But love is the farthest thing from you

"It's Hard Not to Shake With a Gun in Your Mouth" by Zao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home